Contact Us Today!
Parts of your roof that require regular inspection
Roofs come in many different styles, and they are made from a variety of different materials. The quality of your roof often depends on the quality of installation. Be sure that your roofer did a good job because otherwise the performance of your roof could be severely decreased. Good and often inspection and maintenance can maximize the lifespan of your roof and keep it looking its best for a long time. However, no matter how hard you try some common problems will probably occur. Leaks are one of them. Leaks can appear in many places and sometimes they are hard to identify, to help you with that we put up a list of most common areas that are prone to leaking. They are mostly places where the roof is penetrated, but it is not always the case. Keep reading and find out where to look for leaks.
- Flashing – A small piece of metal that connects the vents and other things to the base of your roof is a flashing. Flashing is a crucial part of your roof and it is prone to corrosion, aging and cracking. This is the most common source of a leak. On example, plumbing vents have a rubber gasket that deteriorates within ten years of installment. They should be often inspected and fixed on time. B vents are used for gas appliances, and they use a metal storm collar. This collar is also prone to damaging like losing up. An average cost of this repair is 10 to 20 dollars.
- Vertical Slits – another very common place to cause problems are the vertical slits. They are extremely prone to corroding since the water can run between them. Repair means replacing the corroded tiles and tiles are usually sold for 30 dollars.
- Missing Granules – the rough stony surface of your roof’s shingles helps protect the shingle from UV rays or the walking. They are sensitive, and they wear off from exposure, so the shingle is left exposed. You can prevent this from happening if you prevent these before a problem occurs. Bald spots are a clear sign for a replacement. A bundle of new shingles will cost you around 30 dollars.
- Skylight – Whenever people want to refresh their home they add skylights. Skylights are indeed a beautiful addition to a property, and they welcome natural daylight that makes rooms look amazing and bigger. However, they are often causing a leak. Water can run down the sloped roof and hit the flat edge of a skylight and stay trapped in there. The window can also be cracked without you noticing g it or rubber seal can wear or tear off. Replacing a skylight can cost you from 25 to even 80 dollars.
- Valleys – The place very two panels of the roof meet are caller valleys. They attract and lead the water away from your house. If the shingles are not fitted well to the valleys, then there can be a gap where the water can easily come through. Be sure you secure your valleys. A repair can cost you around 20 to 40 dollars.
We are currently serving Houston, Pasadena, The Woodlands, Baytown, Conroe, Deer Park, Friendswood, Galveston, Lake Jackson, La Porte, League City, Missouri City, Pearland, Rosenberg, Sugar Land, Texas City, Atascocita, Kingwood, Channelview, and Mission Bend.
After Harvey, we had cracks and leaks on my ceiling and thankfully called Anchor Roofing. Their roofing professionals repaired the roof damage pretty quickly and affordably.
I choose Bill Hubbell over 3 other roofers home depot because he made the roof happen at a critical weather situation labor day weekend that could have resulted in much home owner ins. damage
I've worked with this company on many claims and always found them to exemplify what every homeowner should look for in a contractor, therefore I give them two thumbs up and a five star rating