HOW TO PROLONG THE LIFE CYCLE OF YOUR ROOF
With the proper ventilation, insulation and maintenance, you can expand the life of your roof for many years. Proper inspection and maintenance saves you a lot of money. All the items listed above prevent the common roof problems like water penetration and leakage, premature failures and structure damages. The quality of the roof material and the installation process also affects on the life cycle of your roof. Some of the materials (metal or tile) last longer than others (asphalt shingles), but are more expensive to install and maintain. No matter which type of the roof you have, to prolong the life of it you need to consider to make proper maintenance programs on regular basis.
MAINTENANCE TIPS FOR EVERY HOMEOWNER
- Inspection of the whole roof is very important. Check out for any broken, curled or missing shingle or tile. Seek for any water signs and spots. The inspection must be done on regular basis, at least 2 to 3 times a year, to prevent damages.
- Gutters and downspouts must be free of debris, the water must easily flow through the gutters. If the water is blocked on the roof surface, it can become a serious threat to your home. It can cause leakage, moss and algae growth. Debris must be removed from the roof surface.
- Trim away all the branches that are near the edges, because branches can rub onto the roofing surface and damage its structure.
- Ice dams can occur during the harsh winters and can cause leakage and other water issues. Be sure to inspect the edges and remove the ice dams if needed.
- The attic is very important. Inspect the walls and ceilings, check any signs of spots and water stains. Also, inspect the chimneys and flashings to find cracks.
ATTIC IS VERY IMPORTANT
Poor attic ventilation causes problems like leakage, animal infestation and reduces the life of your roof. During the summer, your shingles may be damaged by the sunlight and the UV rays, while in the winter, moisture can become your worst enemy. Poor ventilation can affect the roof performances. With a proper insulation and ventilation, all the problems above can be reduced, and even fade away.
Maintenance is very important because it protects your roof and your home from many natural elements and weather conditions. If you find any signs of damage during your inspection, repair them on time. Ignoring the necessary repairs will only lead to further costs.
Â PROFESIONAL HELP
All the signs listed above can help you in prolonging the lifetime of your roof. You can inspect it by yourself or you can contact us for help if you have any questions or concerns about your roofing, and do not hesitate to do it today.â€¯The Anchor roofing company will be there for you, your home and your roof. Our contractors install, replace and repair the tile roofing systems in the Houston, TX area, including Katy, Sugarland, Missouri, Pearland, Spring, Cypress, Galena Park, Richmond, Rosenberg, Stafford, The Woodlands, Baytown, Clear Lake, Galveston, La Marque, Pasadena, Deer Park, Sealy, La Porte, Brookshire, and Columbus.